This webinar will provide an opportunity to get familiar with an FDA’s process to communicate with the industry early in the process for sustainable 510(k) preparation and submission.
This webinar is intended to discuss how to put together a pre-submission (Q-submission) to obtain FDA feedback on your proposed questions, which will be helpful and useful for your device design, preclinical and clinical study plan and design, if applicable.
The speaker will discuss contents and format for a Q-submission and 510(k)compliant with the FDA’s eCopy and RTA policy, helping you streamline your dialogue with the FDA for maximum benefits while preparing for a 510(k) submission in a least burdensome, effective manner.
In this webinar, the speaker will share his PASS-IT solutions based on what he has learned from his own experience including his recent analysis of various different types of 510(k)s that have been recently cleared. This webinar is a must for regulatory professionals working in medical device industry including those who are interested in the topic.
Areas Covered in the Session :
- Statute(s) And Regulations
- Device Classification And Predicates
- 510(k) Program
- When 510(k)s Are Required
- Applicable Regulatory Requirements: Biocompatibility, Software, Risk Management, etc.
- Pre-Submission (Q-Submission) for a 510(k): Requirements, Contents and Format
- Substantial Equivalence: Factors to Consider and Special Considerations
- Addressing e-Copy And RTA Policy Requirements
- Applicable Standards and Guidance
- 510(k) Contents And Format
- Common Pitfalls and How to Prevent Them
- What to Ensure While Preparing Your Q-Submission and a 510(k) Application
- Responding to FDA’s Request of Additional Information.
- Resolving Different Opinions and Interpretations
- Best Practices for a Q-submission
- Best Practices for a 510(k) Preparation, Submission and Clearance
- Speaker’s PASS-IT suggestions and recommendations
Who Should Attend:
- Regulatory Affairs
- Research & Development
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control
- Quality System Management
- Senior management
- Anyone interested in 510(k) matters
Course Director: DR. DAVID LIM
Dr. David Lim, Ph.D., RAC, ASQ-CQA. Dr. Lim is President and Principal of Regulatory Doctor (www.RegulatoryDoctor.us). As a leading industry speaker, Dr. Lim frequently presents global regulatory and quality compliance topics in various forums and meetings. Recently, Dr. Lim developed 510(k) templates ready for use compliant with e-Copy and RTA policy. In addition, Dr. Lim developed FDA inspection checklists for drug and medical device manufacturers based on his analysis of FDA inspectional observations cited in 483s for the past eight years. Dr. Lim provides his feedback to regulatory agency (e.g., US FDA) through public comments and also served as a panel member during the FDA’s transparency public meeting in 2009.
Dr. Lim contributes to the Regulatory Affairs Professional Society (RAPS) as an author and speaker. Dr. Lim leads and directs all research projects including pharmacovigilance, medical device reporting, recalls and patient safety signals being conducted at the Regulatory Doctor. Dr. Lim currently serves as a member of the Advisory Board for Inspection Insider published by FDA News.